NEW 2020 DATA
Abortion legislation | Practical conditions | Abortion statistics
Characteristics of women having induced abortion | Fertility and contraception data | Country-specific characteristics
1985: abortion is allowed
2010: abortion is allowed “on request” (Law 2/2010) (3 March)
2015: Law 11/2015 (21 November).
Specific conditions due to COVID-19
- Order from the Ministry of Health decreed that delivery of the face-to-face information to be delivered electronically during the state of alarm in Catalonia
- Written consent by the woman
- Pre-abortion consultation (legal counselling) + pre-abortion confirmation consultation + pre-abortion laboratory tests
- Mandatory 3-day period between pre-abortion consultation and abortion procedure
- Contraception evoked during at least 1 of the medical consultations.
Specific conditions for minors
- Parent’s (or guardian’s) consent required for minors under 18.
Abortion legislation | Practical conditions | Abortion statistics | Characteristics of women having induced abortion
Fertility and contraception data | Country-specific characteristics
The slides presented are freely accessible. They may be used, copied, displayed or distributed provided that their source is given
COVID measures taken from the article by Bojovic N, Stanisljevic J, Giunti G. The impact of COVID-19 on abortion access: Insights from the European Union and the United Kingdom. Health Policy. 2021 Jul;125(7):841-858.
IPPF European Network – Updated January 2012 (http://www.ippfen.org/)
Federación de Planificación Familiar de España (FPFE) (http://www.fpfe.org/)
Ministerio de Sanidad y Bienestar Social (https://www.mscbs.gob.es/fr/profesionales/saludPublica/prevPromocion/embarazo/tablas_figuras.htm)
Ministerio de Sanidad, Servicios sociales e igualidad
Ministerio de Sanidad, Consumo y Bienestar Social (https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/prevPromocion/embarazo/home.htm#datos)
If you have additional data or if you would like to comment some information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page updated in January 2022