- Written consent by the woman
- Pre-abortion referral from a physician
- Pregnant woman life/health: physician specialist relevant to the type of the disease
- Fœtus impairment: physician specialist on the genetic defects who states the defect after the genetic testing
Specific conditions for minors
- Parent’s (or guardian’s) consent required for minors under 13
- Consent of the guardianship court required for minors under 13; the minor has the right to express her own opinion.
Mandatory pre-abortion examinations
Involved healthcare professionals
- Surgical abortion: obstetrician/gynaecologist (OB/GYN)
- Medical abortion: not applicable
Overall number of induced abortions
Abortion ratio per 1.000 live births: 3 (2019)
Abortions performed “on request”: % ()
Overall number of induced abortions vs. medical abortions
Induced abortions per gestational ageUnfortunately we have no data for this country.
Place of abortion
Characteristics of women having induced abortion
Fertility and contraception
Women age at first birth
- 27 years of age (2017)
A special thanks to our correspondents for contributing in data collection.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional data or would like to comment information
Page last updated: 31 March 2023