According to Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Bill 2018
- Written consent by the woman
- Pre-abortion examination (for abortion on request only)
- Mandatory 3-day period between pre-abortion consultation and abortion procedure (for abortion on request only).
Specific conditions for minors
Guided by other legislation. No specific mention in Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Bill 2018.
- Specific legal counselling
- Mandatory reporting of underage sex (minors under 17) where there are concerns that a minor may be at risk of abuse.
- Parent’s (or guardian’s) consent required for minors under 16 to have an abortion, except where discretion is given by health care professionals (e.g., a mature 15 year-old).
- Houses of the Oireachats – https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2018/105/
- electronic Irish Statute Book (eISB) – http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26/enacted/en/html
- Tusla – Child and Family Agency – https://www.tusla.ie/children-first/mandated-persons/