- Written consent by the woman
- Pre-abortion consultation (legal counselling) + pre-abortion consultation with a social worker + pre-abortion confirmation consultation + pre-abortion laboratory tests
- Mandatory 3-day period between the last pre-abortion consultation and abortion procedure
- Contraception evoked during at least 1 of the medical consultations
- Medical abortion not approved
Specific conditions for minors
- Parent’s (or guardian’s) consent required for minors under 18.
Mandatory pre-abortion examinations
- Blood group and rhesus factor
Involved healthcare professionals
- Surgical abortion: obstetrician/gynaecologist (OB/GYN) or another physician
- Medical abortion: not applicable
Overall number of induced abortions
Abortion ratio per 1.000 live births: 259 (2020)
Abortions performed “on request”: % ()
Overall number of induced abortions vs. medical abortions
Induced abortions per gestational ageUnfortunately we have no data for this country.
Detailed information missing. 9-12 weeks statistics are for 0-12 weeks.
Place of abortionUnfortunately we have no data for this country.
Characteristics of women having induced abortion
Fertility and contraception
Women age at first birth
- 29 years of age (2020)
A special thanks to our correspondents for contributing in data collection.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional data or would like to comment information
Page last updated: 31 March 2023