- Only allowed for resident women except if woman’s life is in danger
- Mandatory period of at least 6 months between 2 abortions except for women with at least 2 births or aged 35+, or in case of rape
- Written consent by the woman
- Pre-abortion consultation (legal counselling) + pre-abortion confirmation consultation + pre-abortion laboratory tests
- Contraception evoked during at least 1 of the medical consultations.
Specific conditions for minors
- Specific legal counselling for minors under 16
- For minors under 18, parents (or guardians) should be informed after the abortion.
Mandatory pre-abortion examinations
- RhD blood group
Involved healthcare professionals
- Surgical abortion: obstetrician/gynaecologist (OB/GYN)
- Medical abortion: OB/GYN
Overall number of induced abortions
Abortion ratio per 1.000 live births: 274 (2020)
Abortions performed “on request”: % ()
Overall number of induced abortions vs. medical abortions
Induced abortions per gestational ageUnfortunately we have no data for this country.
Place of abortionUnfortunately we have no data for this country.
Characteristics of women having induced abortion
Fertility and contraception
Women age at first birth
- 28.5 years of age (2020)
A special thanks to our correspondents for contributing in data collection.
Please contact email@example.com if you have additional data or would like to comment information
Page last updated: 31 March 2023